Choose one of the following options for your Post #1.
Option #1: Learning Materials
Choose two of the historical resources from the Required Learning Materials that interest you and then do the following:
- Put full citations for both of the resources in MLA format at the top of your post.
- For each resource, explain whether it takes the approach of social constructivism or technological determinism? Or is there a combination of both approaches? How do you know this? What specifics from each resource give you hints about its approach?
- Determine which resource you think is most successful with its approach and explain why.
- Use at least one quote from each resource in your discussion. Make sure to provide in-text citations for both quotes in MLA format.
Option #2: Technology and Culture Journal
Explore articles on historical topics in the journal Technology and Culture in the UMGC library. (http://ezproxy.umgc.edu/login?url=https://www-proquest-com.ezproxy.umgc.edu/publication/35182?accountid=14580)
Choose one article that is of particular interest to you and do the following:
- Put a full citation in MLA style for the article at the top of your post.
Provide a brief summary of the article in your own words. Do not use the article’s abstract for this. Read the article and state briefly what it is about is in at least 3-4 sentences.
- Explain whether it generally seems to take the approach of social constructivism or technological determinism? Or is there a combination of both approaches? How do you know this? What specifics from the article give you hints about its approach?
- Use at least three quotes from the article in your discussion to support your points.
- Make sure to provide in-text citations for those quotes in MLA format.